Hello I’m Callie.
Here are a few things you should know about me.
- I love smiling. Smiling is my favorite. People underestimate me because of my smile. It doesn’t bother me. I enjoy exceeding expectations.
- Every emotion makes me giggle, happy or sad. This gets me in trouble during the sad moments.
- I love to travel in a way that puts me outside my comfort zone. Don’t get me wrong, an all inclusive resort can be nice, but I want to be challenged when I travel.
- I lived in New York City where I was a public school teacher. My first teaching job was in Harlem at P.S. 185, teaching first grade.
- I’m known to embellish my stories from time to time. I think it makes them more interesting. You probably wouldn’t be this far in my “about me” page if you didn’t think I was just a little bit interesting. We can thank the art of exaggeration for that.
- I stay home with my babies. It’s the very best job I will ever have. For me though, I’m my happiest when I have small projects outside the household to contribute to.
- I met my husband in high school and remember the exact moment I knew I would be with him forever. It was before he even asked me to our Senior Prom via AOL instant messenger.
- I moved to Detroit reluctantly. It was my husbands dream and I figured we would live here for a few years and move somewhere else. That was in 2011. Today I can confidently tell you, I am never leaving. Never. I fell in love hard with the people, the city, my neighborhood, all of it. Detroit is my home. It is my children’s home. It’s not for everyone but there is no other place for me.