Cleaning my office has it’s perks.
- Perk 1: I get to hang the art that’s been collecting dust, laying on the floor for months.
- Perk 2: I can finally see the butcher block surface of my desk which only inspires me to sit there and work.
and the very best and most awesome perk of them all,
- Perk 3: It’s like a mini walk down memory lane. I find fun little notes from way back when, like the bucket list I created circa 2006.
Now I bet you are wondering what 22 year old me wanted to accomplish. Okay, okay! No need to beg. Here it is written exactly as is.
- “Ride a mechanical bull
- Own a speedboat and make waterskiing a hobby (this requires learning how to waterski)
- Zip line over rainforest trees
- Travel to Russia, China, Japan, India and more of Africa, Brazil and other S. American countries
- Visit all 50 states (road trip)
- Hike through Alaska
- Pet a baby hippo (they won’t eat me)
- Live abroad
- Go to the tomato fights in Spain (August/July)
- Ride in a bobsled
- Ride on a dogsled
- Go backstage at a concert
- Go to a ball/gala event
- Watch a movie in a park
- Host the World’s greatest MSU tailgate party
- Go to a taping of SNL, The Late Show, Oprah or Ellen
- Learn Spanish
- Go to the July 4th Coney Island hot dog eating competitions
- Have babies (27-33)
- Go on a girls only trip with all my friends
- Own a store with Staley
- Drive cross country with Ryan
- Take an RV trip with my family (See “visit all 50 states”)
- Take a trapeze class
- Take a day in each city I live in to be a tourist”
There it is. Written eight years ago and eight of my “goals” have been met.
Not sure what it says about me but I wouldn’t change much on this list. I think it either means I knew what I wanted at a young age or I have yet to grow up. There are a few things I would add.
- Have a house in the country. Some place where my closest neighbor is a mile away, there is a huge front porch facing east where I can have my morning cup of coffee and we have a tire swing hanging from a giant, old tree
- Learn to paint
- Learn to code so as to better understand my site but more importantly so I can help my kids with their coding homework when they are in elementary school (it’s inevitable)
- Run a half marathon (this one is kind of cheating since it can be crossed off in a little over a week)
- Write something cool enough to get picked up by the Huffington Post
- Be comfortable wearing a bikini (this does not mean I need to lose weight, just means I need accept and love my body)
- Have more babies or just one more. (This one is still in negotiations)
I’m sure if I took my time and mulled it over I could add an endless number of to-dos. They would mostly have to do with travel and family as these are the things that make the happiest.
I showed you mine. Now you show me yours. What would you have on your bucket list?
With love from Detroit,